Sunday, August 9, 2009

Local medical supplies dealers

I must admit that, though I'm a great fan of the Web and on-line shopping, for the medical supplies I went with the local medical supplies dealer. First I got caught out by time then also by ignorance. I usually live in Europe, so when I moved in with my mother, I knew nothing about Medicare and what was available to my mother. Also I moved in because of her memory loss, not expecting the TIA's, the stroke or the fall. Mental problems became secondary to the physical ones. I really didn't know where to turn for help and advice on the senior supplies.

Fortunately my mother has been going to the same pharmacy for years and they are connected to a great medical supplies store. I'm giving you their site, mostly so that you can see what you should expect from a good site:www.brevardmedicalequip.com. I think they are only a local organization but they are really wonderful. If you live in the area, I seriously recommend them. They list most of the Medicare requirements and limitations. It was through them that I was forewarned of Medicare's policies.

This brings us to the final possibility for medical equipment: leasing. With a local medical supplies dealer, you are going to get equipment that will be serviced easily and quickly. Also, if there is a change in the physical status of your senior, then a local dealer will change your equipment accordingly without all the hullabaloo that an on-line servicer might require. It is definitely something to consider and check out in advance. I was VERY surprised to see the prices at Brevard Medical Equipment, they definitely matched what I was seeing on the Web and some were even purposely limited to the Medicare contribution. It may be sympathy with the senior market or just good marketing in general since there are a lot of seniors here in Florida, but it was certainly a relief to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment